1753544 Members
5756 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: "This repository is empty"

JBruyet
Frequent Advisor

"This repository is empty"

Hey all, I tried to do an initial PSP install on a new server and received the "This repository is empty" error message. I checked the System Home Page on the server that has the repository on it and there are support packs there. I've been looking around for answers and I've:

1) Removed surplus support packs
2) Done the "rescan the repository and rebuild the catalog"
3) Power cycled the server that the repository is on
4) Restarted the SIM server

All of the results I've gotten from Googling this problem are from initial installs of the repository. This is an existing install that worked just fine the last time I used it about a week ago. No changes have been made to the server. The VCRM log didn't have anything helpful in it.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get my SIM software to see the repository again?

Thanks,

Joe B
14 REPLIES 14
JBruyet
Frequent Advisor

I just checked and there are 3212 objects in my repository folder. Is there a limit as to how many objects a repository can hold? My original support packs are in there as well. Would it help to delete them? If it sounds like I'm grasping here it's because I am. I've heard of others who have had to reinstall SIM and I'm trying to avoid that.

Thanks,

Joe B
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Since one of the use cases for an Initial PSP Install is when one is just getting the environment going, we didn't want the IPSPI function to be dependent upon a properly functioning VCRM populated by PSPs. To that end, HP SIM actually has a directory containing the minimal set of component packs necessary to make a system manageable. Check your installation for the directory "C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\smartcomponents" and make sure that it hasn't been deleted/cleared.
JBruyet
Frequent Advisor

Hi David, I found that folder and there are 20 of the install .exe files and one .xml file in the folder. My hopes for a quick fix have been dashed on the rocks.

I was going to start the process for pointing SIM to a different location for the VCR. I was then going to point it to the current repository to see if that would help, but I don't see how to tell SIM to look at a different repository.

Thanks for the help,

Joe B
NickNick_1
Occasional Visitor

I'm having the same problem - I've managed to get HP SIM (5.3 C.05.03.01.00) to tell me there was a trust problem with the VCRM after I deleted the certificate, then I re-imported it and now I get the 'Repository is empty' message again. It's doing my nut in.

All my servers can see the VCR and can choose which PSP they are reporting against, all report correctly and can update, what I cannot do is see the contents of the repository from SIM itself in order to push out software.
If anyone has any ideas (other than moving my repository to a different server) I'd be happy to hear.

Thanks

Nick
James D. Young
Frequent Advisor

I have a simular issue and have not found a resolution to it yet. My repository would work for a while then stop working after the server was booted for what ever reason. It would take an hour or so to validate the repository and sometimes never finish. I moved it to a new server and let the server rebuild it from scratch and it seemed to work for a long time, then it started all over again. I tried everything including uninstalling and reloaded VCRM. I have the lastest but have not been able to get it to work again. It goes into an endless validating the catalog and never finishes. As of this writing my catalog has been saying that for over a week now and you can not use the catalog for clients.
JBruyet
Frequent Advisor

After reading NickNick's post I tried running VCA on my servers and found out that I can still access the repository. My new server is now fully updated and the rest of my servers have been "topped off" so to speak. I'm still putting off completely redoing my SIM install but I'm getting closer to doing it.

Thanks,

Joe B
chukynax
Occasional Advisor

hello ive the same problem, i updated my VCR to newest version uploaded directory with components, on the web application there are everything is fine, but in sim there says this repository is empty...

need help please!

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello there,

You could try a restart of the Insight manager service, and check by logging onto the System Management Homepage of the server if the repository is also empty there. To go there please look for the Version Control Repository link and see if any SPP or PSP is visable there. If the SPP's and/or PSP's are visible also check if you've selected the right VCRM server, you could have more that one and selected an othrr server with an empty VCRM.

Kind regards,

Andrew 

Kind regards,

Andrew
chukynax
Occasional Advisor

i have installed SIM and VCRM on the same machine, they dont  trust each other for now,

but before this problem sim still havent seen repository

attached files