HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

server event, but nothing there

server event, but nothing there

I have configured some servers into my manager and both of them are DL380 G2's. They are both registering a yellow event although the system status is not showing this.

When I click on the server to investigate, the health status is yellow and minor but there is no indication as to what is the problem. When I log into the homepage everything is green apart from version control agent which is blue and has not been configured.

I have upgraded the HP agents to 7.60 and brought the raid,bios, rib card upto the latest firmware.

We also have an old version 5 of Insight Manger and it is reporting that the power is disconnected from the RIB card on both of these servers. I have a user check this and they have confirmed that the power is connected and all is well, we even swapped the power from another working server and it still register is yellow.

One of the servers has only registered yellow since upgrading to the new agents!

Any ideas on resolving this issue?
3 REPLIES
bammy
Frequent Advisor

Re: server event, but nothing there

I'm not hijacking your thread, but I was about to post exactly the same problem. I have 3 servers, various different versions of agents, different hardware all report hardware status as minor but no actual cause.

I'll keep an eye out to see if you get any suggestions and I hope someone nails it for you.
johan van de sompel
Occasional Visitor

Try a Hardware Status Polling via the Options menu of the involved server. If this solves the problem verify that you've still got a hardware status polling scheduled task active.
bammy
Frequent Advisor

It's not that I'm afraid. In my case, the server has even been rebuilt and re-discovered.