8312 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: sim 5.2 => sim 5.1

Olivier C.
Occasional Advisor

sim 5.2 => sim 5.1

Hello,

I have many problems with SIM 5.2. I would like to gzet back to the previous version SIM 5.1

Does there exist any dedicated procedure to get back to the previous version 5.1 ?
if not,
Is it simply possible to uninstall the 5.2 Server to reinstall the 5.1 server without losing the current converted database ? (the database seems to have be converted during the 5.2 Server install process since we now have a SQL Server 2005 engine)...
6 REPLIES 6
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Hi Olivier,

What problem you r facing with 5.2?

Yes get back is not easy and good now. but yes you can install 5.1 and give same old database instance. i am not sure if u use the database for SQL server which was used by SQL express how it will behave.

So better u stat ur issue with 5.2 may be we can solve that.
Olivier C.
Occasional Advisor

- the SIM server is very slow (the memory of the process mxdomainmgr.exe is very hight). I reboot the server weekly

- I'm deconnected to the Sim web interface after 20 minutes with the message "Communication with the HP SIM server has been lost.
If the server has stopped, restart it. If the server restarted because it was upgraded, first restart your browser. After verifying that the server is running, sign in again"

- the task result in the SIM web interface not respond and give me a blank page.

sorry for my english
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

there are so many reasons and answers for this u can search its known issues and fix are simple. try below one:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1210734

search more
Olivier C.
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your help Ajay_lucky.

I use http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1204374 and my sim 5.2 is more stable.
Olivier C.
Occasional Advisor

I have an another problem with Contract and warranty.
Since 5.2, contract and warranty collection is down and Remote support Software Manager lost configuration and impossible to reconfigure it.
I uninstall and reinstall Remote support Software Manager and work fine. I upgrade package but in my SIM Contract and warranty not present in options menu ???

thanks and sorry for my english
V Deepak Kumar
Regular Advisor