HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim keeps logging me out

Callum McCulloch
Occasional Contributor

sim keeps logging me out

Hi I'm connecting remotely to my sim through the link https://server.name:50000 and it seems like every 10 minutes I keep getting logged out. It is very annoying and I don't see anywhere to fix this, I would prefer to never be logged out until I close the browser window.

Any help would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES
Aelus
Advisor

Re: sim keeps logging me out

I have exactly the same problem but I cannot remember a change. Searching for a solution. Another browser or changing the security settings doesn't solve this issue.
Bill Coulson
Occasional Visitor

HP SIM provides two alternative time-out policies. The first time-out policy is for environments in which HP SIM is used to monitor system status, which is called the monitor time-out policy, and it is similar to the policy used by Insight Manager 7. The second time-out policy is more strict and will time-out inactive users. This is called the active time-out policy and it is similar to the policy, used by Servicecontrol Manager.

Monitor time-out policy. The monitor time-out policy keeps sessions alive, provided the user has a web browser window open displaying the HP SIM GUI. Closing the browser or navigating to another web page starts the timer for the time-out period. The default time-out period is 20 minutes. Users must use some other means to protect an unattended session from illegal use, such as password-protected screen savers.

Active time-out policy. The active time-out policy only keeps sessions alive if the user is actively using the GUI, such as clicking on links and buttons. Display and refresh of the banner is not sufficient to keep the session alive. The user is timed-out either by inactivity, closing the browser, or navigating to another site. The default time-out period is 20 minutes.
To configure the time-out policy, edit the globalsettings.props file. You can switch between these modes or change the time-out period. The default time-out policy is the monitor policy. The monitor policy is enabled when:

EnableSessionKeepAlive=true

To enable the active time-out policy, change this value to false.

EnableSessionKeepAlive=false

To change the default time-out period, edit the web.xml file. The default location for this Windows file is:

CC:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\jboss\server\hpsim\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat50.sar\conf\web.xml

Locate the session-timeout element, and set it to a new value in minutes.

Aelus
Advisor

Sounds good, but I don't have the folder ..\jbossweb-tomcat50.sar.
Aelus
Advisor

Have a look at https://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1012434. At my installation, only the first file is in place, despite this I hope helps.
Callum McCulloch
Occasional Contributor

Ok I got it, they are right with the web.xml file, but I guess hp can't figure out which directory it should be in so they keep moving it.

For me it was under program files\hp\systems insight manager\jboss\server\hpsim\deploy\jboss-web.deployer\conf\web.xml. If you do a search a bunch of them will come up but only one had the section.

I tried changing the timeout to 0 but that didn't work, so I changed it to 525600 which is a year. That worked.