Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

since Database migration, nothing is saved

Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

since Database migration, nothing is saved

Hi

i've a very strange behavior

I've migrate Systems Insight Manager 7.4.0 database from a local 2008R2 database to a 2012 remote SQL database 

Everything was running fine, i follow the procedure 

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03225518

I've added new clients and other things but yesterday after server restart, all my new servers/settings have disappear as if it did not save my change , or somewhare an update is not working

(i v removed the local SQL server. If i stop the remote SQL server, HP SIM connexion is not working so the right database is used) 

if i do a netstat i can see established connexion on remote server and port

there something i did not understand .. :)

thanks for your help

regards

4 REPLIES
Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

Re: since Database migration, nothing is saved

i don't know HP SIM SQL tables  but if i select le  1000Top row in IM_ComputerSystem i can't see the new servers i've added ... 

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello did you do the step three ? Some people tend to skip this setting because it's located in an other folder.

Create a backup of the hpsim-ds.xml file located in the <installation directory>\HP\Systems Insight Manager\jboss\server\hpsim\deploy
directory. Do not place the backup file in this directory.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

Hi

yes, hpsim-ds.xml file have been modified and it"s the only file, no copy/no backup

FYI i did not find how to run the command

Automated re-registration of a database by executing the mxreconfig command

mxreconfig -m sqlredirect -s dbserver -b dbname -a dbuserDomain\dbuser -p dbport

>mxreconfig -m sqlredirect -s SRV\Instance -b I

nsight_v50_0_165528150 -a DOMAIN\USer -p 1434
This command will update Insight Management to use a new MS SQL database. Before
continuing, be sure you have performed the following steps:
1) Stop the Insight Management services with the command 'partnerservice
-stop all'
2) Be sure the new database is up and running, and that you have adminis
trative access to it.
Continue? (Y/N): Y
Enter the password for the database account "DOMAIN\USer":
Error from MxReconfig: Incorrect DB User ID or Password. Modifying DB credential
s in sqlRedirect mode is not supported. Please provide the current DB credential
s of the Product and try again.

regards

Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

if i launch mxgetdbinfo

everything is fine and point to the new DB