5523 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: systems insight manager

phillbl
Occasional Advisor

systems insight manager

Hello,

I have just installed windows 2003 64bit on a DL585 G2.

I ahd to install all the insight software after the build. when i access systems insight manager on the server none of the info for the NIC or mother board can be seen etc etc. Am i missing something?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
sanesh vig
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Just to clarify is it SIM(Systems insight manager) or SMH that you are talking about.

Regards
phillbl
Occasional Advisor

HP system Management on the server. Not Insight manager

thanks
sanesh vig
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the update !!

Please install the latest PSP(Proliant support pack) for this server.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3219717&prodNameId=3288124&swEnvOID=1113&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-8fc2669ab95b4195ae555d658e

what do you see in front of "System Model" on the top right hand side on System managmenet homepage ?
phillbl
Occasional Advisor

system model unknown

i have already installed the PSP but i will try again
phillbl
Occasional Advisor

when you click on HP nic agent on the left its says "content for this intergrated agent is linked into the tabs and boxes on the right??

phillbl
Occasional Advisor

when you click on HP nic agent on the left its says "content for this intergrated agent is linked into the tabs and boxes on the right"??

sanesh vig
Valued Contributor

Yes thats right.

After installing the PSP again (sent earlier) dont forget to reboot the server as well.

Please perform the following steps

Check snmp setting for a community string

Verify selected community has "read/create" rights

Stop VCA service prior to starting the SMH, if that works restart the VCA service once SMH loads

Stop sub-agents one at a time through Insight Agents applet in control panel and restart the SMH after stopping each sub-agent

Let me know if you need further assistance
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

1 All you re server SNMP setting are set for TRAPS>Communite name(correc name),TRAPS>Communite name>traps destination> 1-server Insight & 2-127.0.0.1

#2 All you re server snmp setting are set for SECURITE> Accepted community name>Communite name(correc name),All you re server snmp setting are set for SECURITE> Accepted community name>Communite name> Accepted packet from these host>1-server Insight & 2-127.0.0.1.

3# in youre Home page manegement>Setting>Securite
A_IP Binding-Nothing
B_IP Restricted Login-Nothing
C_Local Server Certificate-Nothing
D_Local/Anonymous Access-Nothing
E_Trust Mode>Secure Trust Modes:Trust by Certificate
F_Trusted Management Servers>Importe you Insight server certificate
G_User Groups-Nothing.

PS don't ferget to apply you're point,there situated next every message in this thread,next to date and time has UNASSIGNED,then you can apply bye the buton on the botton of the page.

WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS?
There are 3 reasons why we feel rating replies is such an important feature:

1.) Others have taken time to help you, so please give them credit for their help.
2.) Your rating will help your peers earn points toward their Forums status, and you will validate the quality of the solution you've received.
3.) Other readers will understand which answer best solved a problem, enriching the community knowledge being shared