Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753796 Members
7109 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

the installation program couldn't find the appropriate system management controller driver

Chris Goodwin

the installation program couldn't find the appropriate system management controller driver

Having issues loading the Insight manager agents on a Dl380. Everytime I try to load the agents, I get "the installation program couldn't find the appropriate system management controller driver".
This is being loaded on a Windows 2003 Standard Edition server. Any help would be great.
5 REPLIES 5
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: the installation program couldn't find the appropriate system management controller driver

Hi Chris,
You might try this. Open the PSP on the server you are trying to deploy to. There should be a piece of software that is some kind of Advanced and Enhanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows 2000/Server 2003. This needs to be installed before the agents. I have almost all ML370's and the software we run is file cp006284.exe. The PSP will bring up the correct one for your server.
Chris Goodwin

Re: the installation program couldn't find the appropriate system management controller driver

Rancher,
I don't understand what you mean by PSP. Is that the Proliant Service Pack. Sorry for sounding so stupid?

Chris
Rancher
Honored Contributor

First of all, you are not being stupid!
There is quit a bit involved getting everything to work and when I first started, I asked a LOT of questions. Still do, as a matter of fact:)
Yes that would be the Proliant Support Pack. It contains all of the drivers to get your system up and running.
Chris Goodwin

I downloaded the new support pack for Windows 2003. Do I need to just load the support pack and go from there? I'm really more of a Netware person when it comes to HP. My ASE is in Proliant/Netware.

Chris
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Extract it to a directory. Then log onto the server and map to that directory. Run Setup, and it will show all of the HP software installed and compare it to the latest PSP version. You should see the System Management Driver listed.