5803 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: trouble remote deploying agents SIM 5.3 SP1

mysuleiman
Occasional Advisor

trouble remote deploying agents SIM 5.3 SP1

Hi,

I am trying to use the tool in CMS (Deploy>configure/repair agents) to push an agent to various servers.

The accont I am using is a member of the local admingroup on the server but I keep getting the same error which is not really clear. Can someone please tell me what the requirements are for using this tool. I am aloso having problems creating WBEM subscriptions on some server, message just says fails. Although on some servers it works. I have pasted the error log for the agent install:

Windows configuration command (START)...
Configuring SSH authentication (START)...
SSH is not installed on the target server. In order to install SSH, use a web b
rowser to browse to HP Systems Insight Manager, select Deploy from the menu, sel
ect Install OpenSSH, and follow instructions."

Set Trust relationship to "Trust by Certificate" (START) ...
Set Trust relationship to "Trust by Certificate" (DONE)............. [SUCCESS]
Added this instance of HP SIM to the trusted certificate list for System Managem
ent Homepage 2.0 or later.

Successfully restarted necessary web based management applications to ensure tha
t all successful changes will be effective.
Running the Windows based repair tool (DONE).......................... [ERROR]
Additional details above.

Configuring SSH authentication (START)...
Configure SSH for host based authentication (DONE).................. [FAILED]
Configuration failed to complete due to the following exception:
Connection
to the target system failed due to Connection refused: connect.Target system mig
ht be down or does not have a SSH server. The network connection problem could a
lso cause this issue.

Subscribing to WBEM / WMI indications ...
Subscribe to WBEM / WMI Indications (DONE).......................... [FAILED]
Check whether target system met the requirements and all of the software require
d to support indications is installed.
11 REPLIES 11
PNair
Frequent Advisor

You have two errors :

1. You are not able to configure SSH. This is because you do not have Open SSH installed. To install Open SSH go to Deploy->Install Open SSH.

2. You are not able to subscribe to WBEM events. To subscribe to WBEM events, a windows server must have HP WBEM provider and it must be identified correctly via WBEM.

IF the install agents/provider options are available through Configure or REpair Agents in your HP SIM CMS, you can use that to deploy WBEM provider and Open SSH to the managed system.
mysuleiman
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

The problem is that no matter what managed system I point to, I am unable to use the deployment tool to install the agent.

I select both WBEM and SNMP but all fail. I am using an account with Admin privliges on the target box. Because of this, I am having to use the smart start disc to update all the servers individually.
PNair
Frequent Advisor

What is the specific error you are getting while trying to install the agents.

mysuleiman
Occasional Advisor

Subscribing to WBEM / WMI indications ...
Subscribe to WBEM / WMI Indications (DONE).......................... [FAILED]
Check whether target system met the requirements and all of the software require
d to support indications is installed.
PNair
Frequent Advisor

For WBEM indication to work on a Windows system, you have to make sure HP SIM is able to identify the managed windows system via WMI mapper. Do you have WMI mapper configured correctly on the HP SIM CMS (options->Wmi Mapper).

After HP SIM is able to identify the managed system via WBEM, you also need to make sure the HP WBEM provider is installed on the managed system.

So your WBEM indication error might be because of

1. Missing WBEM provider on the managed system.
2. No WBEM credential for the managed system.

3. Even after specifying WBEM credential, your managed system is not getting identified via WBEM, because WMI mapper is not configured correctly.

Look at the result of Identification task to understand what the problem is.

You can also use Manage Communications Tool under Configure to trouble shoot the problem.

mysuleiman
Occasional Advisor

I will try it and let you know.
Many Thanks
Dennis L W Thury
Frequent Advisor

I'm having similar problem; running SIM 5.3 SP1 on a Windows 2003 server; managed systems are Windows servers. I'm getting same WBEM error with "Configure or Update...". WBEM does seem to be installed (in Add/Remove Programs, there is an entry for HP WBEM Providers.

When I attempt to show system Properties from HPSIM it tells me WBEM is not installed. What/now do I troubleshoot from here?
mysuleiman
Occasional Advisor

Make sure the server has wmi service installed and running, also check that snmp service is installed and running.
Dennis L W Thury
Frequent Advisor

Both WMI (I assume you mean the Windows Management Instrumentation service) and SNMP services are running.

I've just run "Identify Systems..." on this server, and have extracted the following:
"Running WBEM rules based identification.
Cannot get ComputerSystem WBEM/WMI data from the system".

I don't know WBEM/WMI; can anyone tell me how to interactively test connecting to WMI on this server?