cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unreachable systems

Brian Ladish
Occasional Contributor

unreachable systems

Is it possible to setup notifications to occurr when a system has been determined to be unreachable by the hardware polling status event, after the initial unreachable notification is received?

In other words we would like to continue to receive notifications from HP SIM when a system is unreachable for extended periods of time. Right now we get the single unreachable event and then a reachable notification when the system is back on-line.
2 REPLIES
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: unreachable systems

Hello Brian,
An alarm can be customized to appear for specific criteria for any given system collection.
The alarm alerts you that a particular criterion has been met by one or more systems in that collection.
For example, you might receive an alarm that a storage system has a critical uncleared event, or critical
health status. Because the System Status panel is continually updated, the alarm appears until the
event is cleared, the system is removed from the collection, or the alarm customization is changed so
that it no longer applies. If the System Status panel is collapsed, and an alarm occurs, it opens
automatically so that the alarm is visible. You can collapse the panel, but it continues to open as long as the alarm is relevant. To have the panel remain collapsed, you must clear the offending event or
system status or reconfigure the status display to no longer display alarms.

For More Details, refer User guide;
h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/hpsim_userguide_51.pdf

Regards,
James.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: unreachable systems

Brian,
This was how it used to work with older versions of SIMS! I would receive e-mail alerts for any system that could not be reached after the initial polling result. I believe it was when I upgraded to version 4.2 that it did not work correctly. I would continue to get notices from the unreachable iLOs, but not the servers:only the initial alert. When I upgraded to version 5.1, I hoped it would fix the issue but it has not. I get them for iLO but nothing else. I wonder if this is a problem with the lastest couple of versions of SIMS.