Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753884 Members
7379 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

updating individual drivers within version repository

Mike Leslie

updating individual drivers within version repository

Is there a way to update driver packages to the very most recent release? i.e. we are running IM 4.2 with a version control repository of 7.40, there are more current network drivers and more current HP Network configuration utility we would like to have sent out than what comes pre-canned in 7.40. Is there a way to put the most recent ones in their place?
thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: updating individual drivers within version repository

Kind of.
I set up my Repository to have a number of sub-directories. One each for the PSPs and one for additional updated drivers, firmware etc.

I download additional material into this directory.
In the VCA, if you have the PSP selected as the Reference, then the SW Status will just indicate your compliance with the PSP, but drill down to the VCA and the updated components will show their status.

If you elect not to use a reference Pack then the SW Status is the overall match against the repository for that Server.
Tends to be an all or nothing approach.

You can build your own PSP, but I've not had a great deal of success at that, tends to be more time-consuming than beneficial - IMHO.
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

Mike,

you can create a "Custom software Baseline" in VCRM with all the latest Drivers that VCRM have got, and use that CSB(insted of PSP) while deploying to all the systems in network
COOPERCAV
Frequent Advisor

The problem I find with custom baselines is that although you set the VCA to reference it, the status still seems to verify against the main PSP it's based on e.g. 7.40. This is particularly obvious when I tick the 'must match' option in the VCA. Although the driver installed is the version updated post PSP740 and included in the custom baseline, it shows the warning triangle in the overall status as its newer than the version in PSP7.40? No idea why as I'm not referencing PSP7.40 so it's not easy to tell from the home page what servers have the PSP+custom package components installed, other than to go into each one seperately. You might also want to create a custom package with just the extra components and not include the main PSP for quicker, more reliable installs. I also find deploying PSP or update deployments with HPSIM is more reliable when the servers deployed to is 10 or less machines per run.
In the end...