Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1-phase and 3-phase UPS

Nick Voyiatzis
Occasional Contributor

1-phase and 3-phase UPS

Hello all.

The company I work for is interested in buying the rackmounted UPS HP R3000 XR UPS.

The problem I face is that I cannot identify from the product's documentation, whether this is a single-phase or a 3-phase UPS.

We are currently thinking of buying a single-phase UPS but we are considering of switching to 3-phase model, provided that the necessary power-related changes are made to our computer room.

Unfortunately I cannot find any related URL at HP site from which I can be informed of the respective models.

Does anybody happen to have more information about this, or provide me with the relevant URLs?

Thank you very much in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

Re: 1-phase and 3-phase UPS

The required power range (load in KVA) will help you decide on which UPS to buy. You mentioned considering 3-phase UPS so I assume your power requirement would be in high range. You may go to www.hp.com/products/ups to look at current HP single-phase UPS models. You may also find manual/specification for the R3000XR UPS there. At this point, HP sells 3-phase UPS through its partner. If you have specific questions on how to implement power protection and management in regard to using HP UPS, you may post them here.
Mahesh Kumar Malik
Honored Contributor

Hi Nick

Decision on going for 3 phase UPS is based on total power consumption at site.HP does not have 3 phase product and thus helps through partners. Following link may be of help

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/power-protection/rackups/index.html

Regards
Mahesh
Keith Coleman_1
Occasional Visitor

Nick,

Not only can we answer your specification questions about the single or 3 phase UPS, we can provide you with the equipment that you desire. We have shipping capabilities to all over the world. Please contact at e-mail or phone number provided. Certified re-seller.