1752808 Members
5991 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: After Completing the configuration - reboot the system

rOtOlOz
Occasional Contributor

After Completing the configuration - reboot the system

Morning, i'm installing my first server HP DL380 g10 and after i've used "Intellingent Provisioning" for create array and created 1 array raid 5 + spare and 2 logical disk (1 150gb / 2 900gb),  once exit now server stuck on white mask and a message say "After completing the configuration - reboot the system" and i don't know now what to do but sidk are "working" ...  i'm using 4 600gb sas disks..

i have to wait? how long? after i can installa Windows Server 2016?

thank you

17 REPLIES 17
Srinath_Raju
HPE Pro

Hi rOtOlOz,

Please reboot the server and check the status.  A reboot will be required for the change to take affect.

Regards

Srinath

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

HCSinfo
Occasional Contributor

Hello, I've the same think with a ML350 Gen10 after Smart Array Configuration.

Should I wait because the only way to restart the server is to cut it by the power button?
I still feel that it works ...
antton

Hi!

Is there any other information about that?

Do I have to power off my server or wait until some "process" end up? 

I already spend more than 24 hours on the same screen.

Let us know.

Thanks!

MohamedSulthan
Advisor

Hi Antton,

whenever you create a RAID Configuration, the server needs a reboot to update the config., there will be a reboot option on your top right corner that u can utilize to reboot the HP serever

Best Regards
Mohamed
System Engineer
cyap
Visitor

@MohamedSulthan wrote:

Hi Antton,

whenever you create a RAID Configuration, the server needs a reboot to update the config., there will be a reboot option on your top right corner that u can utilize to reboot the HP server

hi MohamedSulthan,

I'm using SSA (Smart Storage Administrator) 3.30.14.0 on HP DL360 GEN10. there's doesnt have reboot button, only have exit applciation. After exit application, it will stuck at :"After completing the configuration - Reboot the system"

cyap
Visitor

@antton wrote:

Hi!

Is there any other information about that?

Do I have to power off my server or wait until some "process" end up? 

I already spend more than 24 hours on the same screen.

Let us know.

Thanks!

hi antton,

any update? my server also stuck at this screen, i tried force reboot my server, it was unable to image

AkiraSLB

I have the same problem and I know what OP is looking for. "When I saw this message, is the configuration already finished and I can press the power button? Or I have to wait for something to display and click it?"

I must admit the message is too ambiguous. It didn't tell you whether the configuration is finished or not. So that's why all of us have the same question. It's a shame that even HPE engineer couldn't answer this question.

I saw a website which is written in Japanese to tell you "how to create an array". In the last step, he said: "When you see this message, restart the server". Not the best statement for the answer, but which is clear enough for us to know whether it is finished or not. And you guessed it: Yes. The configuration is finished.

How can I trust the website by the way? Thanks to the iLO5, when I check the storage page in the logical view, I can see there are disks in the array. So I can now fully sure that the configuration is completed. Then I pressed the power button and turns the server off.

Hope this can solve your problem.

Harsh_b
HPE Pro

Hello, 

My suggestion would be :-

Please ensure that latest IP version is flashed on server and all components are updated to latest version using SPP 2019.03

if still issue persists then please log a support ticket with hpe for assistance via remote session.

Regards

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
grimson
Advisor

Still an actual issue with psp2019.09 and ip3.31