cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avocent 520-255-508 KVM cable

Brian Southern
Occasional Visitor

Avocent 520-255-508 KVM cable

I appear to have having a compatibility issue with newly purchased Avocent KVM cables. When I use these cables to connect any of our servers to either KVM switch (either TFT5600 RKM or TFT7600) the KVM does not register that the server is connected.

I currently have two different types of KVM cables. One from HP (PN: 520-290-506) and another type from Avocent (PN: 520-255-508).

If I use the HP cables, the servers are accessible via whichever of the above KVM switch it's connected to. If I attempt to use the Avocent cables, the KVM switches do not see the servers.

Is this a known issue with these types of Avocent cables (not compatible with HP KVM switches)?

P.S This thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers - Netservers to Servers > general - HP Forums moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Prem Selvam Arumugam
Trusted Contributor

Re: Avocent 520-255-508 KVM cable

Brain

There is no such issues!

The one you own as new Avocent Module is not brand new its actually a refurbished part.

Hum, passed the Avocent quality test by luck.

Try to get a new one from HP store.
Brian Southern
Occasional Visitor

I have tried multiple adapters with the exact same model number (Avocent PN: 520-255-508) and none of them work.

Is there an HP Support Pack update that needs to be installed for these adapters?
ricom
Occasional Visitor

We're experiencing the same issue when using an Avocent KVM with OEM cables / connected to HP ProLiant DL385 servers.  An error blinks on the KVM's screen indicating no cables connected along with a continual beeping sound coming from the Avocent Device:  www.shopricom.com

Please advise.

anthony11
Regular Advisor

For the rare situations where remote KVM is needed, why not just use iLO?