1748018 Members
3580 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Cascading a 3x1x16 ip console with a 0x2x16 server console

sking
Occasional Visitor

Cascading a 3x1x16 ip console with a 0x2x16 server console

I have an old legacy 0x2x16 server console switch (AF600A) on the latest firmware I could find (1.4.0.4) and a HP 3x1x16 IP console switche (latest 3.0.13 firmware).

As far as I can see, both of these switches support tiering/cascading however I cannot get it to work. The 0x2x16 switch has a tiering port (the 2nd rj45 connection with a [A] symbol next to it) and that is connected with cat5 to a server port on the IP console but nothing I can do will let me see it in the ip console viewer tool.

Am I doing something wrong or are these switches simply not compatible with each other?

2 REPLIES 2
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Cascading a 3x1x16 ip console with a 0x2x16 server console

If interface adapters are used to cascade HP IP Console Switches with HP KVM Server Console Switches, then remove them and cascade them directly. While cascading console switches, be sure that the HP KVM Server Console Switch is  ascaded below the HP IP Console Switch. Undesirable operations might occur if these specific cascading sequences are not followed.

Refer to steps outlined in section Cascading a Compaq Server Console Switch with an HP IP Console Switch in the HP IP Console Switch User Guide locatable at the following link:

[

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.process/?javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoke&javax.portlet.rid_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=docDisplayResURL&javax.portlet.rst_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=wsrp-resourceState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c00678446%257CdocLocale%253Den_US&javax...    

]

Regards,

Vijayasarathy 

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

sking
Occasional Visitor

Re: Cascading a 3x1x16 ip console with a 0x2x16 server console

Thanks for the reply Vijayasarathy,

As I said, the switches are connected from the 1st server port on the HP IP console to the tiering port on the hp server kvm with a cat5 cable, no interface adapters are being used for cascading.

When connected properly the cascaded switch should just appear in the Cascade Switches section in the IP console viewer tool right?