108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Convex Exemplar 1200

SOLVED
Go to solution
Witte, Ernst Martin
Occasional Advisor

INITWHAT contains just 0x5880cf0f, setting it to 0x5882cf0f does not solve the problem. What is the difference between PLInitMem and InitMem?

The problem with CPU0 and CPU7 is solved, they were not plugged in properly, now they are running. BTW, io_tc is passed.

The Values:
INITWHAT 0x5880cf0f
RUNWHAT 0xf30fffff
NODEID 0
ASSERTRESET 0xffffffff
DEASSERTRESET 0x030fffff
USEMEMSIZE 4 (=> 2 GB)
USEBANKFIELD 4
USECACHESIZE 0
STATUSMU 0x00000080
APPLY_POWER 0x00007fc7 (IO, VEE_Clk, VHE_HP, VHC_HP, VCC_MB[3-0], VTT, VDL, VDD_GA)
MU_CONFIG 9 (Info_Events, Scurb)
AVAIL_HW 0x800f1fff (Node, Slice[3-0], IO, MB[3-0], TChip[0-7])
HW_CONFIG 0x0000ff19 (Mem[3-0]_Bank_[0-1], CMC3_Fairness_Disable, SCI4_Installed, CMC_Dark)

Bye, Martin

Ralf Dammass
Occasional Advisor

Ernst Martin,

sorry for the delay. PLinitMen initalizes the memory region for ther primary loader, InitMem the whole memory.

As you can imagin at OBP is is very easy to screw up a system. It is hard to troubleshoot on a "email" basis.

I would suggest to do the following:

1st try again to boot either the installed operating system on hard disk (one of the hard disk should have a bootable system) or try to boot from DAT by using the following command line:

bo /mbus@x,yyyy...... ..afws@1,10000/st

the exact string for the tape you find at OBP using show-devs.
Same procedure can be used for booting from disk.

2nd: if it is still an problem to boot from disk/tape (verifyed good tape) then we should start to "play" with the OBP parameters. try to use the command at ccmu
>> setenv INITWHAT 0x5882cf0f
>> down
>> push
>> quit

Otherwise I afraid a remote login to the teststation is required.

Ralf
Witte, Ernst Martin
Occasional Advisor

Hello Ralf!

I'm sorry not having answered for such a long time. There was much stress at university for the last months. In our dormitory we finally managed to connect the room where the convex is to our lan and thus to the internet. So a remote login is now possible.

I suggest to discuss further details by mail. My email address is witte@kawo1.rwth-aachen.de.

I'll be glad if you try to help us once again :)

Bye, Martin
Clint Kennedy

I too have a Convex Exemplar SPP-1200/16 in a garage near me. Problem is, I have no media or documentation. Could someone help me to get copies of the 4mm tapes. I would need the "Teststation" software too. Many thanks, just the same.