7929 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DIMM Manufacture

sirbuxdream
Advisor

DIMM Manufacture

Dear All 

Is there any method to identify the DIMM manufacture without power down and physcially check, 

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

This option available only ILO5 or you can see the memory manufacture name in only iLO5.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro

Hi

If you are using Windows OS, then execuiting below command to get DIMM manufacturer detials.

C:\>wmic memorychip get devicelocator, manufacturer, partnumber, capacity, speed, memorytype, formfactor

Memory.JPG

The following properties of your Memory module are shown using the above command. However, the data for some fields/properties show up empty.

BankLabel
Capacity
DataWidth
Description
DeviceLocator
FormFactor
HotSwappable
InstallDate
InterleaveDataDepth
InterleavePosition
Manufacturer
MemoryType
Model
Name
OtherIdentifyingInfo
PartNumber
PositionInRow
PoweredOn
Removable
Replaceable
SKU
SerialNumber
Speed
Status
Tag
TotalWidth
TypeDetail
Version

And if you are using Linux OS, then execuiting below command to get DIMM manufacturer detials.

#lshw lshw -class memory

Note if lshw package is not installed you can install the lshw package by executing following comamnd

#yum install lshw

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
sirbuxdream
Advisor

thanks for the infromation is there any method to check in ilo4 for Gen9 servers ?

sirbuxdream
Advisor

Thanks but this is for linux servers 

AmRa
HPE Pro

In iLO4 the DIMM manufacture information will not capture. This feature was introduced only in iLO5.

However same information you can capture from OS (Windows and Linux) level.

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo
sirbuxdream
Advisor

Can you please provide the linux command

AmRa
HPE Pro

If you are using Linux OS, then execuiting below command to get DIMM manufacturer detials.

#lshw lshw -class memory

Note if lshw package is not installed you can install the lshw package by executing following comamnd

#yum install lshw

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo