1748259 Members
3701 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360P G8 BIOS update

jakkwb
Occasional Advisor

DL360P G8 BIOS update

Trying to get support for V2 processors on this. My BIOS is P71 and is dated 2014. When I put 2 E5-2650Lv2 cpus in it, it boots but does not give video. Give yellow/orange cpu lights. My 2 original E5-2650Ls work fine.

Do I need a BIOS udpate to support this? I have already installed the ISO firmware for the V2 CPUs, but still does not work with them.

Ihave tried the latest BIOS on a bootable USB, it boots from it, goes halfway through, then cancels because of an unexpected error. I have tried several BIOS revisions, all do the same thing.

Please advise.

9 REPLIES 9
support_s
System Recommended

Query: DL360P G8 BIOS update

Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) recommends:

1. blade onboard admin - single html

2. Update test asset

Accept or Kudo

jakkwb
Occasional Advisor

Re: Query: DL360P G8 BIOS update

Does this update apply to the DL-360P? It supports HP switches....?

Sebasbin
HPE Pro

Hi jakkwb,

Please go through the below advisory and follow the instructions
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c03911173

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

jakkwb
Occasional Advisor

Yes, I forgot to mention in my original post - I have already ran that firmware update before I wrote this post. It reported success, I then tried the V2 CPUs and this is where I am with the post. 

McKenzie35
Occasional Visitor

Hello all, I am trying to update this server from a 2014 version to the latest. I downloaded the ISO and put it on a USB drive, it boots off it fine, gets halfway through the process then dies with an "unspecified error" I am trying to get this to run with 2 Xeon V2 processors - I understand this takes a newer BIOS.

jakkwb
Occasional Advisor

Don't know if you will get any help here or not. I am still sitting here with a unit that will not BIOS update, same as you. 

jakkwb
Occasional Advisor

Let me know if you find a solution. It looks like nobody is gonna support their products here. Probably because I do not have a support contract....

I'm going to try the next newest BIOS from mine tonight (dated 2015) to see if it will update. Maybe it has to be taken in steps? There is no info on that either if that is the case...

My DL360P is doing the same thing as yours.

jakkwb
Occasional Advisor

Didn't work. Same stupid error. Hey HP, how about some help here?

peerlabs

There an iso image you can download named: hp-ivb_update-1.80-2.iso and it updates the system to handle intel v2 processors.   

https://downloads.hpe.com/pub/softlib2/software1/cd/p355461430/v96920/hp-ivb_update-1.80-2.iso

You can run it via iLO or CD/USB.  I'd definitely run it on a thumbdrive, on one of our servers the upgrade was started, at some point a car crash knocked out our electricity(ended up being 6 hours), and our backup batteries didn't last long enough.  I can vouch that interuppting the power during this process can be expensive!