1753877 Members
7566 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL370 G6 Not powering up

mikieboy
Occasional Collector

DL370 G6 Not powering up

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum so excuse me if i'm asking something that's already been answered - I've looked around but not found anyone with my particular issue... here's my problem.

I have a Proliant DL370 G6 server that i've been using with Windows 10 as an arcade machine. It's been working perfectly until I tried to install another hard drive. Basically, I have a small laptop 2TB drive that I wanted to mount inside the chassis and went ahead and powered down, connected the SATA and power cables to it and powered up. Then, I dropped the HD onto the motherboard and the computer shut down.

I've since replaced the motherboard with another and the problem still persists. In a nutshell, the motherboard has LED lights, it tries to power up and fails. The old ILO2 i had set up said that I was having 'Brown-outs' and I expect the same is happening (I can't get into the new motherboard ILO2 yet as I'm waiting for the seller to send me the logon details). I've taken a video to show whats happening - https://youtu.be/ssz5C6sR5BY  If anyone has come across this before or can shed some light on what I need to look for / replace next, I'd be eternally obliged as this has 2.5 years of work on it and I'd like to see it all again Thanks for your time.

2 REPLIES 2
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Re: DL370 G6 Not powering up

Hi,

First, windows 10 is not supported OS.

The HDD you wanted to mount is not supported though..

I would suggest you to try with minimum HW to power on the server. The major components are 

System board, Memory, proc and Power supply. Dont connect PCI card, HDD or anything which are installed in the server.

This require physical inspection.

Thanks,

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
mikieboy
Occasional Collector

Re: DL370 G6 Not powering up

Thanks for your reply. I understand Windows 10 isn't supported. Everything has been working flawlessly for months. My HDD is supported, not sure what you mean by that..

I've tried your minimum requirements already and find the same issue. I'm going to replace the power board and see if that helps.