3599 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G9 slow down after CPU upgrade

kira12
Valued Contributor

DL380 G9 slow down after CPU upgrade

Hello all,

i use an DL380 Gen9 Server with Bios ver. 2.76 and upgrade from E5-xxxx v3 to E5-2680 v4. After the Upgrade the Server slow down, loading the EFI driver during boot takes 5min. Loader an OS Image via ilo takes infinied... Whats happend with the CPU upgrade?

best regards r├й

5 REPLIES 5
kira12
Valued Contributor

Hello,

i swap the CPU back to the old E5-2630L v3 and i have the same issue. I flash all Firmware new, ilo 2.77, Bios 2.76 and have the same issue. I remove all non soldered Components except the P440ar and the same issue.

Any help will be appreciated.

best regards r├й

kira12
Valued Contributor

Hello all,

i will answer myself. If i removed the P440ar the Server boot fine. Hopefully it will work again if i swap to the v4 CPU again...

best regards

Kashyap02
HPE Pro

As you have tested that by removing the p440ar the server boot fine. Does the server boot fine even if you upgrade the cpu ? also, is there any error in the IML or during POST for controller ?

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

kira12
Valued Contributor

Hello,

after removeing the P440ar the Server run and boot the OS. I reinstalled th eP440ar with the smae Firmware and the Server works again. I did not see any Errors about the Controller or any hints for this behavier in any log. The only thing is i update the Bios to 2.80. Maybe thats the reason.

best regards r├й

Kashyap02
HPE Pro

this required a reseat of the controller. But upgrading the CPU should not affect this. Looks like while installing / removing the CPU the controller has loosen up and lost contact with the slot. If you would like to investigate if this is the hardware / BIOS 2.80 problem, I request you to raise a case with HPE Support. If there is a bug in the firmware we are happy to take this issue to our Engineering.

Let me know if you have further queries.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo