4936 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 Gen 9 avec 12G SAS Expander Card

adfassurances
Regular Visitor

DL380 Gen 9 avec 12G SAS Expander Card

Bonjour,

J'ai un serveur DL380 Gen 9 avec un controleur P440ar (firmware 7.00) sur lequel je viens d'ajouter une carte 12G SAS Expander (firmware 4.02) pour ajouter de nouveau disques.

Le problème est que mes disques physiques ne sont pas reconnus. (évidemment je n'ai pas ce problème si je passe en direct sur le controleur, j'ai testé mes 2 baies de 8 disques chacune leur tour, les disques sont bien reconnus, donc pas de soucis au niveau des cages. J'ai également testé le cablage, pas de soucis non plus)

Et je ne sais pas comment mettre à jour le firmware de la carte, étant donné qu'il ne trouve pas de disques je n'ai pas d'OS...

Je suis complément bloqué, si quelqu'un peut m'aider...

Google Translated

Hello,

I have a DL380 Gen 9 server with a P440ar controller (firmware 7.00) on which I just added a 12G SAS Expander card (firmware 4.02) to add new disks.

The problem is that my physical disks are not recognized. (Obviously I don't have this problem if I go live on the controller, I tested my 2 bays of 8 disks each in turn, the disks are well recognized, so no worries about the cages. I have also tested the wiring, no worries either)

And I don't know how to update the firmware of the card, since it can't find any disks I don't have an OS ...

I am completely blocked, if someone can help me ...

6 REPLIES 6
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: DL380 Gen 9 avec 12G SAS Expander Card

Please let us know where the drives are not getting recognized, during OS installation or in HPE SSA (Smart Storage Administrator).

You can execute HPE SSA (Smart Storage Administrator) through Intelligent Provisioning If there is no OS installed on server.

Intelligent Provisioning 3.x - Using HPE Smart Storage Administrator (HPE SSA)
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00029719en_us&docLocale=en_US

If the query is only about how to update P440ar controller and 12G SAS Expander card firmware without OS, then the answer is you can use HPE SPP to update the firmware of server component.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_30e65b7c3541426bb89a6157c6

Steps to deploy SPP Offline mode:

Description:
In offline mode, the server boots to a small Linux boot environment contained on the SPP ISO image. This operating system can run the version of SUM contained on the ISO.

Procedure:
1. Mount the HPE SPP ISO image to iLO virtual media, or Copy the SPP to a USB thumb drive. When using a USB thumb drive, the ISO must be bootable.
2. Boot the server to the SPP.
3. Select either automatic mode or interactive mode:
         >If you select automatic mode, the firmware will be updated on the server automatically without further interaction.
         >If you select interactive mode, follow the instructions on the screen.
4. Select the Firmware Update option on the screen to start HP SUM.

And if the hard drives are not getting recognized during OS installation, then use Intelligent Provisioning To deploy OS.

HPE Intelligent Provisioning - Server Configuration and OS Installation
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c05147501&docLocale=en_US

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
adfassurances
Regular Visitor

Bonjour,

En passant par HPE SSA ou par iLo, la carte est bien reconnue mais pas les disques :

Capture2.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Pour la mise à jour par SPP Online, impossible de contacter le serveur :

Capture3.JPG

et en Offiline, le téléchargement est vérouillé :

Capture5.JPG

Merci pour votre aide... je ne sais plus quoi faire...

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I would suggest you check the cable connectivity in between the SAS expander to hard disk backplane.

Follow the below link for your reference.

HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server - 12G SAS Expander Card Cabling
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sf000048919en_us&docLocale=en_US

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/iss/DL380_Gen9/setup_install/GUID-EC03C2E2-3E23-4C18-97B1-4E8321E8F361.html

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

adfassurances
Regular Visitor

bonjour,

Nous avions bien suivi ce schema de cablage, Mais les disques ne sont toujours pas reconnus.

Nous avons testé également avec d'autres cables...

Et si nous connectons les disques avec ces mêmes cables directement au controleur, ils sont bien reconnus mais pas en passant par la carte d'extension.

adfassurances
Regular Visitor

est-ce que ça pourrait être la carte qui est défectueuse ? Ce ne voit plus que cela....

Early
Advisor

Avez vous réussi a régler votre problème ? 

Peut etre mettre le firmware de la carte a jour, il  y a certain problèmes de compatibilités avec certain disques ! 

Cdlt