1752600 Members
4631 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Dl360 G6 Fan Problem

David8219
Occasional Contributor

Dl360 G6 Fan Problem

Hi I know I have the HP dl360 generation 6 rack server I have 4 hard drives fitted and 28GB ram at the minute but going to upgrade soon the concern I have have is the fan noise speed which can go up to 80% it's like a jet engine i had ilo2 1.81 I upgraded it to 2.33 to see if the fans would slow down on startup they was running at 17% once windows was loaded it was at 22% but then increased back to 80% within 5 minutes of being switched on does anybody know if this has been fixed I know there was a problem but surely it should have been fixed by now
3 REPLIES 3
DeepakJajware
HPE Pro

Hello David

Thank you for contacting HPE Community Support team. 

From the below problem description I clearly understood that the server Fans are behaving abnormal due to FW miss-match. 

The ILO FW is updated but the BIOS and Controller FW are still OLD. 

Hence to avoid any miss-match on the FW level please update the BIOS and Controller FW to latest. Below are the links for same. 

BIOS :- https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_0a5cb34d96e04ab3bde007ae31#tab-history

Added a new ROM-Based Setup Utility (RBSU) Advanced Option that allows configuring the system fans to always operate at their maximum speed

Controller FW :- https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_5e52f965d84f41c2bb65d33b58

If the issue Still remains same I would further suggest to get the OS and Application vendor engaged. 

The reason of suggesting them to get engaged is due to the statement you mentioned

on startup they was running at 17% once windows was loaded it was at 22% but then increased back to 80% within 5 minutes

It means during POST and H W scan level all was Ok and that is the reason the Fan speed was 17 and 22% respecitively which is normal. But as soon as OS is loaded it spiked to 80% which puts a doubt on the OS side. 

Do write back for any questions 

Thank you 

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

David8219
Occasional Contributor

This is for the DL380 will that still work for the DL360 BIOS ?

DeepakJajware
HPE Pro

Hello David 

Yes it will work 

Thank you 

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo