3104 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Driver and Firmware for a HP P420 that shows odd symptoms

monkeybike
Occasional Contributor

Driver and Firmware for a HP P420 that shows odd symptoms

Hi,

I was trying to figure out which is the latest firmware for a HP P420 Smart Array

Currently on version 5.42 and having issues.

In that we bought 2 * 1TB which were on the upgarde list as supported = ATA MB001000GWFGF

But although created a array it does not seem to perform, and have also seen it dissapear. I cant actually find any errors in event viwer or in the array controller either. So wondering if I need a software update. But alos how do you test it.

In Windows 2012 R2 (OS we are using) it wont even let you run a chkdsk. Yet you can broswe the folder structure on it (data been copied to it) and you can create a folder to it. Yet sometime applications connecting to the data on it reports a I/O error or can not read data.

Regards

Richard

1 REPLY 1
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Driver and Firmware for a HP P420 that shows odd symptoms

@monkeybike wrote:

Hi,

I was trying to figure out which is the latest firmware for a HP P420 Smart Array

Currently on version 5.42 and having issues.

So wondering if I need a software update. But alos how do you test it.

You haven't reported which HP/HPE ProLiant Server model is hosting the HP SmartArray P420 Controller...but, nevertheless, Firmware version 5.42 is - if I'm not wrong - ancient...released in 2014.

Actually the latest Firmware version is 8.32(B) of June, 2018.

Probably the best approach would be to perform an Offline Update through the latest SPP (Service Pack for ProLiant) so you will understand (dry-run) what components (Firmware and Software Device Drivers) will require an update (HDD Firmware included).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner