Servers - General
1752661 Members
6124 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Dynamic Smart Array B320i RAID in Embedded Slot has one or more cache module batteries/capacitors th

Rajeev_SCL
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Smart Array B320i RAID in Embedded Slot has one or more cache module batteries/capacitors th

HP Smart Storage Administraor showing below mentioned warnings. Please suggests us what should we do to resolve the issue. Also clear that if we didn't do anything then what will be happened in future.

263 Dynamic Smart Array B320i RAID in Embedded Slot has one or more cache module batteries/capacitors that are failed. Caching operations such as Expansion, Extension, and Migration are temporarily suspended until the batteries/capacitors are replaced. Please consult the user guide to identify and replace the failed components. 826 The cache for Dynamic Smart Array B320i RAID in Embedded Slot has been disabled because the capacitor attached to the cache module has failed to charge.
5 REPLIES 5
Sebasbin
HPE Pro

Re: Dynamic Smart Array B320i RAID in Embedded Slot has one or more cache module batteries

Hi,

This message is produced when a battery or super cap is failed to charge and should go away once the battery/Capacitor is replaced and fully charged.

Smart Array battery-backed or flash-backed cache backup mechanisms protect the cache data against a server crash and power loss.
Refer:-https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c00687518 

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Rajeev_SCL
Frequent Visitor

Re: Dynamic Smart Array B320i RAID in Embedded Slot has one or more cache module batteries

Hi,

I have replaced the battery or super cap in my server and now warning messages are now disappeared. HP SSA application is showing Controller and Cache Battery status as OK now.

But server performance is very slow now. I am trying to boot the server in Intelligent Provisioning and getting some errors. Some processes are failed (images attached for you reference).

Please see the error messages and give your valuable suggestion/help to resolve the issue.

Error while booting in IP.jpegHPSSA image.jpegscreen2.jpeg

Sebasbin
HPE Pro

Hi,

The POST error related to the below advisory, please make sure to update the ILO firmware to the latest versions

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c04034599

Also, flash the Intelligent Provisioning to the latest versions and verify

Intelligent provisioning download link below
https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/product?language=en_US&cc=us&kmpmoid=1008862660&tab=driversAndSoftware&lang=en#t=DriversandSoftware

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

rian18

In my old server DL360 Gen8 I am running a B320 controller with cap / battery. SSA says it's faulty with warning 772. Is there any way to get genuine HP battery replacement for this controller?

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @rian18

Thank you for posting. Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and assist you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo