New Discussion

Re: Gen8 Microserver System Power Fault Detected

SOLVED
Go to solution
arsenic
Occasional Visitor

Gen8 Microserver System Power Fault Detected

Hello!

Can anybody help me with more info about this error? : System Power Fault Detected (XR: 20 00 MID: FF F5 FE 01 FF FF FF 06 06 00 00 02 01 05 40 3D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00)

The server powers off once in a while... I've updated already the BIOS, cleared the NVRAM, CMOS reset...

Many thanks,

Catalin

5 REPLIES 5
pacodiez
Occasional Advisor

Hello, I have similar problem but I was not able to update the BIOS via iLO, I get always the error "The last firmware update attempt was not successful. Ready for the next update.", Please, could you tell me if you used files like "CPQJ0613.4B5"? Because I've found .bin files for iLO but bot .bin files for BIOS ROM.

Thanks

Srinath_Raju
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi Arsenic,

As you have already updated system bios and the issue persists, you will have to replace the system board.

Regards

Sr

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

arsenic
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

Meanwhile I was't able to update the BIOS too - getting the same error -  "The last firmware update attempt was not successful. Ready for the next update.", regardless of the extension and version I was using.

arsenic
Occasional Visitor

Many thanks SR!

Now I know that I have to sell it by pieces... Such a pity for a server grade machine with no more than 3 years uptime...

Best regards,

Catalin

pacodiez
Occasional Advisor

That's is what happened also to me. I can't update BIOS, it seems it has to be booted to be able to update the BIOS; it's incredible: I can update iLO firmware but not System BIOS. It's hard to beleive that at this point the one solution is to buy another moterboard that it costs more than the whole server!!