ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748216 Members
3535 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Gen9 DL380 - Can't install RedHat 7.4 using Intelligent Provisioning and Firmware Update broken

Berney777
Occasional Contributor

Gen9 DL380 - Can't install RedHat 7.4 using Intelligent Provisioning and Firmware Update broken

Hi. I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere so I'm hopeing someone can help please.

I have access to a new Proliant Gen9 DL380 (BIOS v2.42) with ILO 4 v2.50 (Intelligent Provisioning v2.50) installed. I've tried to use HPE Intelligent Provisioning to install RedHat 7..4 from an ISO on ILO virtual media. I can see the ISO image listed and select it but if I attempt to install from it, then it initially scans and then says "Unable to find any available media". The same thing happens if I try to install from a RedHat 7.3 image but if I select a RedHat 7.2 image it seems to work OK.

My assumption is that RH 7.3 and RH 7.4 are not supported by Intelligent Provisioning v2.50. Is that correct? Assuming it is then my next step was to try to do a server firmware update in the hope that this will upgrade the system to the latest version of ILO (v2.53) and Intelligent provisioning (v2.60). However when selecting "Firmware Update" from the Maintenance menu I get a message "Unable to contact update server" and a message saying that the site "hp.com" can't be contacted. This URL seems to be hard-coded when using the "HPE Web Site" System Software Update option but presumably it should now be connecting to a "hpe.com" website.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can point to the correct update server to allow me to upgrade and then do the installation of RedHat 7.4? I really want to sort out this and use Intelligent provisioning as it allows me the remote management automation I need.

Thanks for your help

Berney

2 REPLIES 2
Vador
HPE Pro

Re: Gen9 DL380 - Can't install RedHat 7.4 using Intelligent Provisioning and Firmware Update broken

Hello Berney,

This is an old post and I hope it is resolved. Kindly confirm.

Meanwhile, if we need to check the supported OS on the server, we can refer to the OS Matrix at hpe.com/info/ossupport.

Kindly confirm the current status of the POST.

Regards,

Nirav Vador

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Berney777
Occasional Contributor

Re: Gen9 DL380 - Can't install RedHat 7.4 using Intelligent Provisioning and Firmware Update broken

@Vador Sorry for the delay. I was working on something else. No, this is not resolved I'm afraid. Can you suggest a solution?

Thanks

Berney