4041 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Getting the following error on a server

SOLVED
Go to solution
dean jeffrey

Getting the following error on a server

I think it has to do with the HP management tools. Has anyone else seen this, and know the fix? It just started happennig, and has coused one reboot, and several hickups on the drive. Thank you in advance for any help.

Dean

Event ID: 1999
Source: SNMP
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 1999 ) in Source ( SNMP ) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): HPDASNMP.DLL: No HPDA Adapters Found.

Event ID: 0
Source: HPEventLog
Description:
HP Event Log : Volume capacity 114 % exceeded major threshold 95 % on E:\.
5 REPLIES 5
Helen French
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

The HPDA adapter error will be coming from a 3rd party Disk array software. The file HPDASNMP.DLL file continuously check for the HDD and disk array controller status and if anything changes, it will report you this message.

HTH,
Shiju

Life is a promise, fulfill it!
dean jeffrey

Thank you, I will look into this!
dean jeffrey

Ok... I looked into it, and we're using all HP drive arrays and controlling software. Any other idea, please?
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

hi

HPDA is a old raid controler (Mylex), the message is generated by top tools agent probably,
what is your config? did you have duch a raid controller, try to update TT agent.
bye
marino
dean jeffrey

I'm downloading TT 5.5 right now, and will try that on a non-production box. If it works, I'll install it on the server giving us problems. It hasn't acted up too much this week, so I have a little time *knock on wood*. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thank you!