4710 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP DL160 G9 used server firmware locked

safiz
Occasional Visitor

HP DL160 G9 used server firmware locked

Hi,

Is it really the case from now on if you buy a used server on eBay for example and it is way out of any warranty

HP locks you out of all basic support, like having a bios update requires warranty???

It was not the case up unti G8... I guess HP starving or something as all I get is you have to have warranty and no help at all form their customer reps.

Anyone has an opinion on this?

3 REPLIES 3
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hello,

Please contact the local sales team and purchase contract (service agreement) to get the H/W and software support.

If you need one time chargable support  basis please contact HPE support line and team will brief you the procedure.

Thanks,

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
safiz
Occasional Visitor

"Hello,

Please contact the local sales team and purchase cotract to get the H/W and software support.

If you need one time chargable support  basis please contact HPE support line and team will brief you the procedure.

Thanks,"

cotract??:) PRO response:)...

No thanks, I will just go and buy a DELL server as they do not want to rip off customers with

updates clearly required for safe operation .

"This revision of the System ROM includes the latest revision of the UEFI EDK2 support that provides mitigations for a variety of security vulnerabilities.   " 

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Thats the problem - if a BIOS update is recommended you need a contract, if it is critical (like version 1.60) you can doanload without.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!