6434 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP DL160 G9 used server firmware locked

safiz
Occasional Visitor

HP DL160 G9 used server firmware locked

Hi,

Is it really the case from now on if you buy a used server on eBay for example and it is way out of any warranty

HP locks you out of all basic support, like having a bios update requires warranty???

It was not the case up unti G8... I guess HP starving or something as all I get is you have to have warranty and no help at all form their customer reps.

Anyone has an opinion on this?

3 REPLIES 3
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Re: HP DL160 G9 used server firmware locked

Hello,

Please contact the local sales team and purchase contract (service agreement) to get the H/W and software support.

If you need one time chargable support  basis please contact HPE support line and team will brief you the procedure.

Thanks,

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
safiz
Occasional Visitor

"Hello,

Please contact the local sales team and purchase cotract to get the H/W and software support.

If you need one time chargable support  basis please contact HPE support line and team will brief you the procedure.

Thanks,"

cotract??:) PRO response:)...

No thanks, I will just go and buy a DELL server as they do not want to rip off customers with

updates clearly required for safe operation .

"This revision of the System ROM includes the latest revision of the UEFI EDK2 support that provides mitigations for a variety of security vulnerabilities.   " 

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Thats the problem - if a BIOS update is recommended you need a contract, if it is critical (like version 1.60) you can doanload without.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!