Servers - General
1752627 Members
5342 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Query: HP DL360 Gen9 server / Interfaces show link even when the server is shutdown from iLO

silviomacias
Frequent Visitor

HP DL360 Gen9 server / Interfaces show link even when the server is shutdown from iLO

Hi,  we have a HP DL360 server Gen9.  When we do a test and shutdow the server from iLO, the server goes down well but we are expecting to see an alarm in the LAN switch side that show the interface is down but is does not. The link is Up even with the server down.. Question: is this the expected behaviour? please advise. 

iLO version is: 2.55

regards

Silvio

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HP DL360 Gen9 server / Interfaces show link even when the server is shutdown from iLO

System recommended content:

1. HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen9 Server

2. Advisory: (Revision) HPE Systems - "Unexpected Shutdown and Restart" Integrated Management Log (IML) Messages on HPE ProLiant Gen10 Servers with an Intel Xeon Processor

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Sebasbin
HPE Pro

Re: HP DL360 Gen9 server / Interfaces show link even when the server is shutdown from iLO

Hi,

You can access the server ILO even if the server is shutdown 

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

silviomacias
Frequent Visitor

Re: HP DL360 Gen9 server / Interfaces show link even when the server is shutdown from iLO

@Sebasbin 

HI Sebasbin, thanks for your reply. Yes, I understand I can access the iLO interface even when the server is shut down. What I would like to know is: when the server is shutdown (using the command shutdown) is it ok to have the OTHERS network interface cards ON with a link to the switch/router? that is my question: is that is the normal behavior. My question is more informative than not reporting this as an issue. Just trying to understand what is the expected behavior in that specific case., best regards