Servers - General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP IP Console Switch - Vista compatible client

HP IP Console Switch - Vista compatible client

The current SP32892.exe client software does not install successfully on a client PC with Vista. Is there a newer version available - even a beta version?
8 REPLIES 8
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP IP Console Switch - Vista compatible client

No, there isn't. It hasn't been updated since a long time.

Perhaps you can try to emulate it for winxp?

Regards,

I can't get the SP package to install. After the initial SP is unpacked to \Desktop\win32\setup.exe I changed the properties of the exe to WIN XP compatibility, but it just hangs during install after indicating the place to store the IP Console program files.
Trusted Contributor

:( There isn't a version for vista as I mentioned, it was just an idea, I haven't try it at all... Maybe you can emulate it for win 2000.

Other option - I know it's not the best solution, but you can build a virtual machine with older windows or something like that.

I have no info if there will be newer edition, last one hasn't been updated for a long time.

Maybe a good idea is to ask HP directly for this.

Check this link out -
http://h18002.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/rack-options/kvm/benefits-console.html

It says "retired".

Additional info - here:

http://www.hp.com/certification/newsletter/january_2004/iss_newsletter.html#three

that IP Console switch is retired, but not the AF601A switch that I'm using.
Trusted Contributor

I think it will be a good idea to call hp support and to ask. Soon there will be support for win 2008 so it is possible that there are some changes... Dunnow :)
Trusted Contributor

Oops :) Too tired 2day :) I wanted to say windows server 2k7...

I finally got it installed and working on Vista.
Step 1 - after running the SP32892.exe, change the properties of the extracted file in Desktop\Win32\setup.exe to "Windows 2000" compatibility
Step 2 - now run that setup.exe and it should complete successfully
Step 3 - find the Program Files IPViewer.exe in the IP Viewer folder and change the compatibility to Windows XP
Step 4 - change the vista desktop to 16 bit color (32 bit does not work)
Step 5 - now you can run the IP Viewer and configure for your IP Switches and ports

I was able to install version 4.0.0.68 on vista by installing in my documents directory.
I had this problem with another program with local database that the program needed to write to so I thought I would try and it worked.