Servers - General
1753435 Members
4654 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Power Management - Can you change the port number from 80 to something else?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Spacetrucker
Advisor

HP Power Management - Can you change the port number from 80 to something else?

We have a server that's running an app LizardTech's Express. Apparently there's a conflict for port 80 between it and the HPPM software. I'm asking if you can change the port number HPPM is using? If so, how or where is this done at? I believe we are running version 4.2. Can you tell me how I can determine exactly what version we are running? I just saw the HPPM app for the first time yesterday.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HP Power Management - Can you change the port number from 80 to something else?

I only know HPPM from hp-ux. While doing the setup the routine will ask you for the port to be used. Run the setup again and adjust ...

Better to mention your OS - there are so many ...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Spacetrucker
Advisor

Windows 2003 32bit standard o/s.

Besides reinstalling any way to change the port it's listening on? Registry hack, or edit an xml or some other type of file?
Brian Vo
Trusted Contributor
Solution

There is an power icon on the task bar, right-click and select "configure...". A window pop-up with "Web server port" (default is 80) that you can change.
This is the first in few steps in order to make a permanent connection (network or serial) between HPPM server and a UPS.

It's the same thing as running "DMSetup.exe"
under Program Files\HP\HP Power Manager

Brian
Spacetrucker
Advisor

Thanks all.
Brian I've found it.
Spacetrucker
Advisor

Brian answered the question.
Armand Pranadi

I understand that we need to change port number to connect using network; but what about serial port?

I have the HP cable, connecting Server and RX3000. When I did the icon right click thing, it didn't find the serial connection to the UPS.

I'm able to see the status of the UPS by using LANSAFE program but not the HP one.

Any suggestion on how to make connection from server to UPS?

thank you