6253 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Power Manager 3.1, Wipes out Exchange Webmail

Paul Taylor
Advisor

HP Power Manager 3.1, Wipes out Exchange Webmail

Hi,

I have a Compaq ML370 G2, Running Win2K Server SP4 and Exchange 2000 SP3. All fully patched.

I just installed 2 new HP T1500XR UPS units in my Coms cabinet, one of which is connected to the above server.
I installed HP Power Manager 3.1 and now the Exhchange WebMail no longer works. The Power Manager install has messed up all the IIS5 configuration.

Anyone else come across this ?? and know how to resolve it ??

Many Thanks,
Paul Taylor, IT Manager, Lo-Q Plc.
3 REPLIES 3
Paul Taylor
Advisor

Re: HP Power Manager 3.1, Wipes out Exchange Webmail

Update.

Installing HP Power Manager 3.1 has also screwed up my SUS ( Software Update Services ) Server, so i am no longer able to access its control panel.

Dont HP test their Software before releasing it ??. This really is very poor. It has completly taken over all the IIS5.0 settings.

Paul T
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

Paul,

Which webport did you use to configure HP Power Manager with? The default ports are 80 for non-SSL and 443 for SSL. If your IIS default web is also on port 80, this will cause a conflict. You may re-configure HP Power Manager's webport by right clicking on the tray battery icon and select Configure...

Thanks,
Steve
Robert McDonnell

We have the same exact problem on Windows 2003 server where it wipes out the IIS, in particular it does not allow the inetinfo.exe process to run, therefore no Internet services. I closed out and disabled the HP Power Manager and started the IIS Web Service for SUS. SUS is working fine now, however the HP Power Manager is hosed at this time. I am going with the recommmendation to change the port assignment on the HP Power Manager and make sure I have the latest version. More to follow this afternoon...
Find out what sucks, then don't do that...