Servers - General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Power Manager 4,0 can't find UPS when 6 port card is used.

Highlighted
Mike Richmond
Occasional Visitor

HP Power Manager 4,0 can't find UPS when 6 port card is used.

I have 126 HP DL380 servers connected to 42 HP UPS R3000XR with a optional 6 port com card. When I install HP Power Manager 4.0 it can't find the UPS. If I re install the single port Com card it can find the ups. I have 3 servers attached to each UPs and need to be able for the software to shut dwon and restart the servers during power blackouts.
Any ideas why th 6 port card can't communicate.
I attached a laptop to p[ort one on the six port card (firmware port and still get no resonse from the six port card.

Thanks
Mike Richmond
DoDDS Pacifc
3 REPLIES 3
NMory
Respected Contributor

Re: HP Power Manager 4,0 can't find UPS when 6 port card is used.

Mike:

Have you tried other 6 port cards, or just one? Could be a defective 6 port card....

And have you try it uploading the latest firmware for the UPS? using the single port card?

Softpaq Text File: (Installation Instructions)
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp25501-26000/SP25776.TXT

Download URL:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp25501-26000/SP25776.EXE

LN
Mike Richmond
Occasional Visitor

LN;
I didn't give the firmware update a try. I'll download and try it. I tried more than one site with same results. None of the cards worked.
I'll post when I try the firmware upgrade.

MikeR.....
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

Here are few trings to try:

1) Connect your 3 servers' serial port to "even" number ports only (i.e. port 2, 4, 6)
2) Try to download and use the latest HPPM 4.1 software from www.hp.com/go/rackandpower. You will need to install HPPM Management Server on each of the server connected to the card. Batch install is possible (read details in HPPM users guide)