1748176 Members
4283 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Power Protector Lost connection

Mike71
Occasional Contributor

HP Power Protector Lost connection

I have the following problem: From time to time loses the HP Power Protector connects to the UPS R1500 G3. The network module card has then no default gateway, or can not otherwise be reached. When I Resete the network card, it will work again. What can be the problem?

7 REPLIES 7
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Swap the Ethernet cable, if not swap the Ethernet module. Also check the switch port to which the Ethernet cable connects to.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Mike71
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the help! We have the problem at approximately 25 locations with different components. So it can not be the cable, Network Module or the Switch Port . Is there any settings to be observed?

RedShift
Visitor

I'm having the same problem but via USB. Here's my topic: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/General/HP-T1500-G3-UPS-Communication-failure/td-p/5947203

Haven't been able to resolve the problem, I think the software is just buggy...

Jimdotcom

I'm having the same problem with the T1500 G3 UPS, when using the HPPP software. This isn't an issue using the old HPPM software.

In my configuration (USB connection to ProLiant ML350 G6 VMware host running ESXi 5.1.0), the issue occurs when anything other than the built in 'Admin' account is used.

I've had similar issues on a ProLiant ML350 G5. Having experimented a little, it seems that any deviation from the default username/password when configuring a power source causes random comms failure.

To workaround this, I've simply restored the default credentials and the clients seem to maintain communication reliably, but I'm interested to know:

A) If anyone else experiences similar behaviour.

B) If anyone's managed to get this to function reliably using credentials that have been reset (or entirely new user accounts).

ak47_
Occasional Visitor

I have similar problem, and yes I created new user and change default admin password, then probems started
DBM
Occasional Visitor

Same problem, to solve it, i'd go to HP Power Protector - Client \Settings\Device Discovery, Left click on the problematic node and choose configure power source. Give the information needed (login, password and load segment). 

After that it looks feel better...

Ljuba

My problem is similar. I have HP RT3000 UPS connected through RS-232 port to HP Proliant DL380e Gen8. HP Power Protector software is version 1.02.31. The only registered user is admin. Every once in a while, the software reports lost communication with the UPS. I could not find any logical reason or the event in the server's event log. To restore connection, I have to shut down server(s) and then to switch off the UPS manually. After switching on the UPS and servers, communication restores and everything seems OK untill the next occurence of this kind of unpredictable error.

HP Advisory paper (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03896086) is not of any help. After reading all of these posts and realizing that the same issue happens on different HW configurations, I believe that the problem is in the software and I would like to know if and when the HP is going to solve it.

In the meantime, has anyone found any way to avoid this, except changing UPS and software vendor?