cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Power manager shows false On Battery Alert and shuts down servers

Terje Johansen
Occasional Contributor

HP Power manager shows false On Battery Alert and shuts down servers

I have one HP R1500xr UPS with a six-port option card to which two servers are connected. Both servers run Windows Server 2K and HP Power Manager 3.1.1, and both have a verified connection to the ups. The current state of the ups is green, and everything looks okay but for the fact that both power monitors have alerts claiming that the ups is running on battery only. In fact I have had to turn off the power monitor service on one off them as it will start a 5-minute-delayed shutdown as soon as it is started. Another tech has been working on the server that at least doesnt shutdown with the service running, but I can't tell what he has done click by click to make it work differently.
1 REPLY 1
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP Power manager shows false On Battery Alert and shuts down servers

OK ... First I would recommend you to download and install the latest HP Power Manager 4.0 from www.hp.com/products/ups under "Software" section. I am not sure why the UPS/software reporting false On Battery alert but make sure you have the latest UPS firmware (showing version 2.00 for the R1500XR UPS from hp.com website) and the correct serial cables used.
Also, make sure that you install HP Power Manager Management Server component to EACH of the servers attached to the six-port option card. You must use port# 2 on the card and Load segment 1 for server 1, and port#4 and Load segment 2 for server 2.