Servers - General
1748129 Members
3515 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Rack and Power Manager

mike_1028

HP Rack and Power Manager

After installing HP Rack and Power Manager it will not accept the password at the system login screen. I had to put in a password at 3 different spots during the install. I have tried those passwords. I am using user name of admin, and the password I entered during the install. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and get the same results. Am I using the wrong user name? There was not a spot to enter a user name during the install.

Thanks

Mike
3 REPLIES 3
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Rack and Power Manager

Mike,
Here's a link to the user's manual:
http://tinyurl.com/9ahvu
Do a search on "password"

A couple of things to consider: Try installing without a password once, worth a shot. Also, pay attention to upper/lower case, be sure your CAPS lock is off.

Let us know if you find a resolution, please.

Good Luck - Tim
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.
Ole Gunnar Moen

I am experiencing the exact same situation. The password entered during installation is not accepted at the system login screen. I receive the message "Invalid user name or password".

I know the server where HP Rack and Power Manager runs is hardened. Are there any service, local security policy or other setting the tool HP Rack and Power Manager is dependent of?

Ole Gunnar Moen
Nickolai Usanov

I had the same problems many times.
I'm not sure already, but it relates on Regional settings.
You have to change back to default settings and try to unistall\install.

Another solution:
please find default installation of operating system and install HP RPM to it.
Check that everything is ok with password and then shutdown HP RPM services (firebird?) and copy DB files to the first server (where regional settings are not typical).

Good luck!