1752781 Members
6427 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Secure Web Consoles

SOLVED
Go to solution

HP Secure Web Consoles

I am trying to setup an HP Secure Web console. I have reset the SWC by holding down the top button while plugging it back in. It seems to reset fine. Everything I have found says it reset to 192.0.0.192.. I have reset a PC's ip to 192.0.0.193 with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and connect them using a crossover cable. I can ping the SWC but when I try to open of a browser page through IE 5.0 It starts but never finishes.. Anyone have any ideas for me??
New to HP,
3 REPLIES 3
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor
Solution

Did you disable proxies on your browser ? Also initially you got to disable JIT compiler unti the unit is configured. See guide below ..
http://www.docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/otsearch/getfile?id=/hpux/onlinedocs/hw/swc/secureweb/install.html&searchterms=swc&queryid=20030307-084314
Sergejs Svitnevs
Honored Contributor

This generally shows a badly PC environment. Try another PC with IE5+ and JVM. Your browser cann't read java applet.

Regards,
Sergejs

Both answers helped immensely. The problem ended up being that I was using a cross-over cable between the pc and the web console. THis shoudl work but does not. I put a switch in temporary and hooked them both up to it and the browser page worked fine..
New to HP,