Servers - General
1751797 Members
5211 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Server Hardware Experts, couple of questions..I want to buy a used HP ProLiant DL38

khabkean
Occasional Visitor

HP Server Hardware Experts, couple of questions..I want to buy a used HP ProLiant DL380 G6

As the title says, I'm looking to procure a used HP ProLiant DL380 G6 for my family's business. We have expanded into needing quite a few virtual machines and corresponding storage.. I have found quite a few good deals, but here is my question..

Every single one of the HP ProLiant DL380 G6 that I have found for sale uses the SFF drive cages. Those drives are expensive and I'm on a severe budget. I know that a LFF cage exists, but details are scarce. I cannot find out exactly what I will need to convert one of these to LFF.

My questions are thus: If I can manage to find a LFF cage, does it need an accompanying backplane?

Can I put two LFF cages into this unit? Or am I maxed out with 1? Do I need any other parts to put in two?

And if you think all of this is too much trouble, could you suggest another server model that has LFF sized disks, with comparable compatibility and features as a HP ProLiant DL380 G6, and hopefully comparable price point?

Thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HP Server Hardware Experts, couple of questions..I want to buy a used HP ProLiant DL380 G6

System recommended content:

1. HP ProLiant DL380 Generation 6 (G6)

2. HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Plus Server

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Richard75
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP Server Hardware Experts, couple of questions..I want to buy a used HP ProLiant DL38

Hi

i think if you are able to find a cage it will bue included with the backplane,

maybe you can look for a ML serrie server, this could be easier

I work for many years with HPE products, but i don't work for HPE so this is not official support
Lyke69
Occasional Advisor

Every single one of the HP ProLiant DL380 G6 that I have found for sale uses the SFF drive cages. Those drives are expensive and I'm on a severe budget.                 MyLowesLife