Servers - General
1752477 Members
5447 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP UPS Management Module and Remote Agent

delmira

HP UPS Management Module and Remote Agent

I have a UPS HP R3000 XR with a Management Module. I can manage this module via http with no problem. I gave it a IP static.

I Installed the remote agent V5 in two servers (that are connect to the Ups). No one can comunicate with the Management Module.

Using the HP UPS Management Module, section "attached devices", I add to the node 1 the 2 remore agents.

Ups:
Model HP R3000 XR
Protocol XCP
Version 2.02

Management Module
Firmware Version 1.20.08
Hardware Version 1.00.A

Can I have some help?

Thanks in advance

Delmira

6 REPLIES 6
Brian Vo
Trusted Contributor

not sure if your connection is network or serial? if network connection, make sure the 2 RA server's IPs are on the same network with the HPMM. Once done with add the devices, right-click on the RA icon and select "configure...", enter the HPMM's IP into the first box, leave "no server" on the second box (unless UPS redundancy), click on finish it will then try to make a connection with HPMM. About 2min the icon becomes green.

Brian
delmira

Hi

Myconnection is network, and both RA server's IPs are on the same network with the HPMM.

The devices are added.
The procedure you refer is what I made but no sucess. Hp is goint to sent a new Management module. Soon I will report the rsults.

Best Regards
Bhatg

Hi,

Facing the same issue. Have updated the Firmware for both UPS and Management module.

Any luck after the replacement?
delmira

HI

Copy the file attached to the program folder.
Change the Ip address of the Management Module in the fields (Server_0=10.0.1.251 and server )

Good Luck
Lotzahobbitfeet

I have exactly the same hassles. This has been an on going situation, heading into storm season now, it is critical that this problem gets solved. I have updated both firmware and software to latest versions and also the UPS to latest firmware. I can get communication if I plug a laptop with the agent installed direct to the card, but as soon as any network switch is inbetween, then I no response from the agent or card. Any possible solutions would be of great appreciation.....
Lotzahobbitfeet

just further to earlier post, i also have a static IP in the same range as the server, have tried both v5 and v4.5 remote agents, have also tried modifyin the INI file as listed. I have updated UPS and Management card to latest firmware available. The only way I can get any communication is to connect directly to the Management card, without a switch in between. This is unsuitable as it is powering a c3000 blade server chassis.

HP R3000 XR
Part Number 192187-002
Protocol XCP
Version 2.02

AF401 Management Card
Firmware Version 2.0.09
Hardware Version 1.00.A