Servers - General
1748166 Members
3847 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP UPS R5000... Issue & How to auto shutdown VM's & SAN...

JoachimatMPI

HP UPS R5000... Issue & How to auto shutdown VM's & SAN...

Dear HP & readers,

i hope this is the correct board, because i couldn't find one specifly about UPS.

We recently bought a UPS R5000... We connected all our servers through the network module

Now we have run into 2 problems:

*Problem 1: we have installed the power protector tool on a Windows 2008 R2...

We tried the shutdown test sequence but the server won't shutdown...

We found this: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/mostViewedDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=5327480&spf_p.tpst=psiContentDisplay&spf_p.prp_psiContentDisplay=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03835162-1%257CdocLocale%253Den_US&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Installed the new firmware but issues is still there...

*Problem 2: 

We also have 3 Esxi with a **bleep**load of VM's which we would like to autoshutdown (first VM and then ESXI) when the ups loses it's main power source.

Now we were reading about it, and all that we found was use the HP management module. Unfortunately the HPMM is not compatible with the R5000...

Could someone steer us in the right direction with a tutorial or a guide on how we can first shutdown the vm's and then the esxi correctly? Also looking for intel about shutting down HP MSA 2000i.

1 REPLY 1
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: HP UPS R5000... Issue & How to auto shutdown VM's & SAN...