1745833 Members
4182 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP UPS R5500 XR wont start

Alex__G
Occasional Visitor

HP UPS R5500 XR wont start

my old R5500 XP was running fine, but recently batteries died. So i have bought new cells, reassembled modules, controlled voltage on both (each half around 64V * 2 half * 2modules gives me what i need in EU) Inserted modules and tried to start UPS, but no luck. Actually it started but green main led became red in 1 or 2 sec and after that ups shut down. Tried to wait for battery to charge (few days), no luck. Tried to circuit and battery breaker few time, no luck.

What it could be, please?

5 REPLIES 5
active-Pro
HPE Pro

Re: HP UPS R5500 XR wont start

Hi Alex,
You might want to try and replace the EM itself as that might be faulty and not letting the unit to power on.

I am an HPE Employee.
Regards.

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo

Alex__G
Occasional Visitor

what is EM, please?

active-Pro
HPE Pro

Sorry, should have mentioed it , it is the Electronics Module in the UPS.

I am an HPE Employee.
Regards.

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo

madhuiss
HPE Pro

But please ensure the batteries have the Next Recharge date after todays date. If the Next recharge date is missed and the UPS was lying unusued then Possiblyt he Batteries may also be at fault. I would say get both EM & the batteries for the UPS. That should get the UPS up and running.

I am an HP employee.
Regards.
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Alex__G
Occasional Visitor

Batteries are fresh, new from the supplier. But how could i reset EM to start working? I just changed batteries, i did nothing with electronics or software.

Thank you