1753825 Members
8577 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE PROLIANT GEN10 PLUS WIN 10X32 RAM UTILIZATION ISSUES

Pentasoft

HPE PROLIANT GEN10 PLUS WIN 10X32 RAM UTILIZATION ISSUES

Hi, good morning people

I've done a fresh install of windows 10x32 on the microserver gen10 plus, but i have this issues that the microserver only show 1.89gb of ram utilizable.

It shoudln't be 3,47gb because of win10x32 and not 1,89gb?

Anyone have any ideas why it does that? Alredy tryed msconfig stuff.

Regards, Vincenzo

4 REPLIES 4
Pentasoft

Re: HPE PROLIANT GEN10 PLUS WIN 10X32 RAM UTILIZATION ISSUES

***UPDATE***

When the microsoft dowloaded the latest update (20h2), after the rebooting, and after the post,  the microserver crashes evry startup.

(unistalled the 20h2)

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

If you are using Windows 10,that is not supported by this server.

It is supported Windows 2016 and Windows 2019,follow the below HPE ProLiant Microserver Gen10 Plus Quick Space for more clarification as well supported memory configuration.

Microserver Gen10 Plus Quick Space

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a00073554enw

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Pentasoft

Hi good morning ,

That wasn't the answer that i was hoping to get, i'll explain why:

If i mount windows 10x64, evrything work just fine  (8 gigs of 8gigs shown).

Only if i mount windows 10x32 the system only show 1.89gigs out of 8 (supposed to be 3,5 gigs on 32 bit)

Now, you said it isn't supported, right? I have 30 server (microserver gen10 "x3216, x3418, x3421") with windows 10x32 and 64 bit around the word, and they are working just fine for over 2 years, they shown the right amount of ram and the other stuff are all right (like programs, application etc etc)

They weren't supposed either to support windows 10, am i right? Can you explain this? Because from what i know, the windows 10 kernel and windows server kernel, are the same.

That's why i don't really understand this answer from and HPE Employee.

Is there any other ansewer you can give me other than "that is not supported by this server"?

Thanks, 

Regars, Vincenzo

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I have shared supported documents.

I would suggest, you have to log a proper case with HPE and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo