New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE Power protector for T1500 G3 via USB

SOLVED
Go to solution
hugma03
Occasional Advisor

HPE Power protector for T1500 G3 via USB

Hi,

Last year, I obtained a link through this forum to an obsolete version of HP Power Protector to manage my T1500 G3  UPS

this was the link: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_847b7148e45846848bc3e6c063#tab-history

This software worked perfectly fine for me. Due to unforseen cercumstances I lost the installation copy of that software and it has to be installed again. Unfortunately, when using that same link, I see the software now has been REMOVED. The version for G4 does not work with USB (I tried)

Is there a way I could get another working download link to the above version please? My UPS works fine and I really would like to have that software. Important thing is IT HAS TO MANAGED VIA USB

Thank you so much for your help, much appreciated.
Marcel Huguenin

9 REPLIES 9
ksram
HPE Pro

Hi Hugma03,

Good day!

Thank you for the Post.

We see that the mentioned file / version is available to download.

Kindly confirm which version that you are trying to download so that we shall check and share the information.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

hugma03
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I originally search for HP PowerManager for UPS T1000 G3 & T1500 G3 that supports USB

I got below link through this support forum, it worked perfectly for me. Unfortunately due to circumstances I lost the installer and the link below shows the file not available for download any longer.

I would be greatly helped if I could get a link to that very same version

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_6053082902cd4a7ba5f1ea4ed2

Thank you very much for your help!

Marcel Huguenin

______________________ mhuguenin@fastmail.com

This is a disclaimer. It doesnтАЩt make any sense because there are no legal consequences whatsoever. Forcing a one-sided agreement upon another party is no agreement and therefore this text doesnтАЩt have any value other than to entertain you.

Think before you print.
ksram
HPE Pro

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

May be we guess you may have to use the Power protector Software.

May we know if you have used / tried and if there are any issues?

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

hugma03
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

As I wrote in my post, I have used the exact version referenced by the link and that works for me. This was the version WITH usb support.

The latest version of power protector does not support usb. I did try this. My T1500 and T1000 do not have network connection and only work with usb.

Therefore I requested a link to this older and now removed version.

Regards,

Marcel

______________________ ---------

This is a disclaimer. It doesnтАЩt make any sense because there are no legal consequences whatsoever. Forcing a one-sided agreement upon another party is no agreement and therefore this text doesnтАЩt have any value other than to entertain you.

Think before you print.

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @hugma03 ,

Please try the following link : https://myenterpriselicense.hpe.com/cwp-ui/download/swd/product/details/Z7550-63114

It will take you to HPE Software Center and you may have to login using the HPE Passport account (please create one if required)

And you will be able to see and download the files : 

> HPE_Power_Manager_Server_software_Z7550-00044.zip (6.87 MB)

> HPE_Power_Manager_Agent_software_Z7550-00045.zip (5.83 MB)

Kindly let me know once if you are able to downlaod the file and confirm if this is the same file which you were looking for.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo

hugma03
Occasional Advisor

Hi RamKS,

Thank you for your effort in helping me, I appreciate that. I downloaded both files and after unzipping I installed them (had to do in compatibility mode) and that's it. Could not see any program or device. the usb device is visible but can't do anything with it.

The software I used before was a normal windows install (could find under programs) and then access the device via a browser to a local ip 127.0.0.1 with an added port (forgot what is was), which opened the device management page where I also could control the device (partially). So, unfortunately this is not that same version.

Maybe I need to do something more after installing? There is no manual or readme, just a single .exe file in each zip.

Thank you again for your help, is much appreciated.

Marcel Huguenin

ksram
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi

Sharing the information from the Read Me file :

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Remote Agent for HP Power Manager (HPPM) - README.TXT

Release Notes for HP Power Manager Remote Agent (v4.0.11)
for Windows 2008

November 2010

===============================================
Contents

Part Description
---- -----------
1 Overview
2 What's New
3 UPS Power Protection Agent Requirements
4 Installation Instructions
5 Known Issues

Part 1: Overview
HP Power Manager enables you to monitor, manage, and control power
environments through comprehensive control of individual HP UPSs. A familiar browser interface provides secure access to Management Servers anywhere on the network. You can control power failure settings and define UPS load segments to allow for maximum uptime of critical servers.

The Management Server provides both status and shutdown information to the Remote Agent. The Remote Agent runs on a machine and allows the software to gracefully shut down the operating system of that server and run a script during power failure. Install the Remote Agent on any machine that is powered by the UPS and any machine that the software uses to initiate a command. However, it is not necessary to install the Remote Agent on the machine running the Management Server component.

For a detailed list of supported UPSs, refer to the Supported Hardware matrix on the HP Power Manager Product Overview page on the HP website
(http://www.hp.com/go/rackandpower/)

You can configure HP Power Manager to send alert traps to HP Systems Insight Manager and other SNMP management programs. The software can also run as a stand-alone power management system. This flexibility enables you to monitor, manage, and communicate with a UPS through a network port, USB port, or serial port whenever these ports are available as built-in ports or via option cards. To facilitate day-to-day maintenance tasks, the software provides detailed system logs and system diagnostics, including UPS battery checks.

Part 2: What's New
This new Remote Agent v4.0.11 is released for Windows 2008.
It will work with HP Power Manager versions 4.2.7
or 4.3.2 ( Windows Management Server)(support for Windows 2008)

Part 3: System Requirements
Suggested Minimum Requirements

Management Server and Remote Agent Client:

Processor 500-MHz
Disk space 25 MB free disk space
System memory 128 MB of RAM

NOTE: For the latest list of supported OS's go to the web at the following address:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/power-protection/software/power-manager/sup_oss.html

NOTE: Browsing requires the use of Adobe Flash Player 9.0
found at: http://www.adobe.com

Part 4: Installation Instructions

Windows Installation

Installing Components on Windows Operating Systems

The Management Server and Remote Agent can be installed using the GUI or silent installation methods on any supported Windows┬о operating system.

IMPORTANT: The Management Server and Remote Agent
components cannot be installed on the same computer.

NOTE: You might need to reboot after installing HPPM software.

If the software has been downloaded from the HP website
(http://www.hp.com/go/rackandpower/), follow the instructions to unpack the files, then locate and run SETUP.EXE.

For detail software installation instructions please refer to the HP Power Manager User Guide.

NOTE: Before installing the software, be sure that the serial, USB, or
network cable connecting the UPS to the Management Server is properly
installed.

=========================================================
Part 5: Operational Notes and Known Issues
=========================================================

Windows USB Root Hub settings under Power Management tab
is enabled for power saving by default. When Windows enters
power save mode the USB port will be turned off and HP Power Manager will report UPS disconnected. Users need to disable this setting if using USB port for UPS monitoring.

When attaching a storage device to a load segment in HP Power Manager the shutdown OS time for Storage Device may not be grayed out. A storage device should have the longest run time to allow computers accessing the storage device to save data before beginning their shutdown. HP Power Manager will not allow users to set the Storage Device shutdown time to be less than the management server's runtime.

When Installing HP Power Manager on a 64 bit Windows using the interactive install will land the HP Power Manager files in the x86 Program Files directory. The application will still run and should not be moved. However silent installs will land the HP Power Manager files in the 64 bit Windows program files folder. Again the application will run and files should not be moved.

For further details see "Trouble Shooting" section of HP Power Manager
User's Guide.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

May need to refer the User Guide : https://psnow.ext.hpe.com/doc/c01272419

Thank you 

RamKS

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo

hugma03
Occasional Advisor

Hi RamKS,

Thank you for this post. I downloaded the software and the manual. It's definitely another package than the one I referred to, since the software I used was a one system only version. Install an agent and connect through a browser via the USB port. This version seems quite a bit more complicated and a bit of overkill, but I will give it a try to set it up. Thank you very much for helping me out.

Regards,
Marcel Huguenin

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @hugma03 ,

I am still trying if I can get any other information and shall share the same if available.

And kindly let us know if this works

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo