1751694 Members
5343 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE Server Memory Configurator broken

mluttik64
Frequent Visitor

Totally agree, this was/is one of the most usefull tools for day to day configuring and expansion. Please reactivate this tool!!!

I've send this message to our PBM as well, so hopefully HPE will do something with our comments!

LaurentF
Visitor

I was using this tool to find appropriate balanced memory configurations. What tool are we supposed to use now ?

Kevin_Aventis
Established Member

That's exactly how I've used it for years as a VAR sales rep.

Maybe someone will write one.
BNewby
Frequent Advisor

Nobody asked me or communicated to customers how we felt about this retirement...This is a huge loss.  We need Gen10 plus to be added and it re-published.

BCompany
Established Member

I agree with everyone else. This is terrible news!

Correct population of memory has always been difficult and refering to Quickspecs or other documentation is really hard when you're upgrading servers and mixing new memory with the old ones. Also for balancing between capacity and throughput.

What is the business reason for discontinuing this? More likely many HPE customers were just not aware of the configurator. I know that HPE resellers were also using this extensively to minimize wrong configurations.

LaurentF
Visitor

FYI I have opened a ticket on the EMEA techhub, the reply is the following :

We are aware that this situation leaves an empty hole in our publicly available working tools since we have not a replacement yet. Experts did not share any major reason why it was removed (it seems that it was not complaint with HPE branding)

However, Experts are aware of this situation. They also know that customers/clients are asking for a replacement.

They are working to enhance Power AdvisorтАЩs тАЬmemory configurationтАЭ so we have a working replacement ASAP, sadly, we do not have a release date for that neither.

Gumpsi
Visitor

Exijo que este de nuevacuenta funcionando el Memory configurator. No pueden quitar la herramienta es de mucha utilidad para configuraciones de memoria.

JosuP
Occasional Contributor

June 2022 and we are still without service

Otago

Looks like HPE is backing out of the server market...

Angel Garcia_1
Occasional Visitor

Fu├й bonito mientras dur├│. No entiendo como han eliminado esta herramienta que nos ayudaba a planificar nuestras ampliaciones de memoria en el entorno.

Una desagradable noticia