Servers - General
1752335 Members
5641 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPPM and IIS -- default site only?

Laurie Scarbrough

HPPM and IIS -- default site only?

We have a new server and are trying to configure the UPS to shutdown gracefully when the power is lost. But according to HP tech support, the HPPM software MUST use the default IIS website on that server (although the port may be changed.) We are already using the default website for a SQL web-based appl and cannot change that. Is there another way to configure the HPPM to use an alternate site?
5 REPLIES 5
Brian Vo
Trusted Contributor

HPPM is using Web engine GoAhead. You can config HPPM using different ports rather than port 80 and 443

Brian
Laurie Scarbrough

Brian,
Thank you for your reply but I don't think that I made it clear what I was asking. I understand that you can change the default ports used for HPPM, but as I understand it, it is still using the default IIS website.

In my situation, I cannot use the default website (because it is already in use by another application) and was wondering if the HPPM could be installed to a alternate website, for example -- to a new virtual site.

Or am I misunderstanding the way IIS's default website works? Can you host multiple applications from the same (default) website if you assign them different ports?
Laurie
Brian Vo
Trusted Contributor

HPPM has an embedded GoAhead Web Server. It doesn't use MS IIS. So your HPPM should be fine to run along with your SQL.

Brian
Laurie Scarbrough

Thank you for the info. I will try to talk the boss into letting me give it a try...
Laurie
Will_IntactTech
Occasional Visitor

I was wondering if the original question is a possibility? The issue we are having is the IIS is security hardened to WPC standards and changes the "Default Web Site" to "website1". Therefore it makes PC not work, as the directory structure has changed.

Is there a way we can use another site name and it work? So far all of the documentation only states to use the "Default Web Site".

Thanks,

Will