1753936 Members
9392 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPe Proliant Microserver Gen9 Beep Codes

Mango_Walk

HPe Proliant Microserver Gen9 Beep Codes

Hello,
         I am trying to build an HP Proliant Microserver Gen9 for a co-workers son to go off to college with. The microserver used to work and boot up just fine (or so claimed). However, before the Early Prcoessor Initialization can finish, the system will halt, restart the initializaion process and give a strange beep sequence I cannot identify. 4 short beeps, 2 long beeps, and another 2 short beeps; without a pause break to diffrenciate them between. I had tried to reflash the BIOS as well & tried multiple different sticks of ECC RAM
- Pentium G2020T 2.5Ghz 
- 1x 4GB 12800E - Kingston   (6395553-1344)

Any information or bread crumbs would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

Please follow the below link to isolate the issue.

HPE ProLiant Servers - POST Error Messages and Beep Codes
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c01702138#N10033

Or
Power drain the server.( power off the server remove power cable hold on power button for 30 Sec.)

Let me know the POST error message or any other error messages, if the issue persists.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!  or act as accepted solution
Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

Share link will not help to isolate the issue.

It will be difficult to isolate the issue without complete information.

Share POST error message and IML errors for isolate the issue.

Or

I would suggest, you have to log a proper case with HPE, and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.
Regards, 

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo