Servers - General

Hard Drive do not appear when installing Windows Server 2012r2

Ali93
Occasional Contributor

Hard Drive do not appear when installing Windows Server 2012r2

Hello everyone, I have this problem. I encountered this problem in HP Proliant ml10 gen 9. When I want to install Windows Server 2012r2, the hard disk does not appear, although I tried with more than one cd/dvd and with more than one usb, but it did not appear, so what is the problem and what is the solution?? And for the record, I installed Windows Server 2019 on the same machine and the hard disk appeared without any problem
3 REPLIES 3
Anu_K
HPE Pro

Re: Hard Drive do not appear when installing Windows Server 2012r2

Hello Ali93,

Please ensure that the boot volume is lesser than 2TB.

I found this document which might help you regarding with the installation procedure: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sf000050687en_us&docLocale=en_US

Hope it helps!

Note: "While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company."

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Ali93
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply, dear. I have 2 hard disks, each one 1 TB, with a RAID 1 system, but I think the size of the hard disk has nothing to do with it, because when I installed Windows Server 2019 or 2016 the hard disk appeared and the formatting process took place without any problem.
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

One possible reason could be the controller driver its not taking/not available in the OS media.

So if you know drives are behind which controller, you can inject driver/provide using USB.

alternatively,

You can try to install OS using Intelligent Provisioning Guide method.

Refer below link, it may be useful.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c05147501&docLocale=en_US

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo