Servers - General
1753560 Members
6111 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Hp Proilant 360 Gen 8 P420i

maker

Hp Proilant 360 Gen 8 P420i

The server I have consists of 2 logical devices. The first one with raid 0 (I haven't configured ) with 2 disks for OS (VMware 6.5) the other is for storage raid 50 with 6 disks

I had no issue booting up OS  (VMware ) at the beginning however the storage (2nd Logical device had an issue).  I checked smart array configuration and there were no physical nor logical disk issues. I removed the second logical disk (6 disks ) from the bays and rebooted and there were still no issues. After booting a couple of times the server is not booting at all. 

Even though there are no logical or physical issues on the array why I can not boot the server?

What would be your suggestion?

1 REPLY 1
Sebasbin
HPE Pro

Re: Hp Proilant 360 Gen 8 P420i

Hi,

I would suggest to reboot the server and go to Intelligent Provisioning > Smart Storage Administrator(Press F10 during POST ) and then set boot logical volume correctly .

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00029719en_us&docLocale=en_US

Also set the boot order correctly in RBSU

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo