4629 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Hp R3000 UPS and esxi 5.1 hosts

Bas000m
Occasional Contributor

Hp R3000 UPS and esxi 5.1 hosts

hello,

I have hp r3000 xr ups connected to esxi 5.1hosts, in case of ups failure i need to automatically shutdown esxi hosts in advance ( gracefully shutdown of VMs and Esxi hosts) ,,,, how can i acheive that ?

Thanks in advance,

Basem

6 REPLIES 6
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Refer to page 5-26  of the HP Rack and Power Manager User Guide for steps to configure power fail settings. The guide is available at the following link:

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00094670/c00094670.pdf

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Bas000m
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for you reply.  Can i install power manager on vMA ( VMware management assistant),, how can i configure safely shutdown of My esxi hosts in case of UPS failure .

Thanks in advance.

Basem

Bas000m
Occasional Contributor

safley shutdown VMs first then Esxi hosts in case of power outage .

Any help it will be appreciated .

Lincy_Zachariah
Valued Contributor

Hi,

You can refer to the HP Power protector guide, Page 122 onwards guides you through installation and configuration of the software on VMware ESXi.

madhuiss
HPE Pro

Hello,

In-line to the previous posts one point is HP Power protector(HPPP) can handle managing on one ESXi hosts per instance of HPPP. Meaning the client is capable of shutting down itself but not multiple hosts in the HA cluster.

Thank you

I am an HP Employee
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
KiranM
Visitor

Does this means,  we need to have multiple ESXi Servers requires multiple UPS with Network Module or HA needs to be disabled