Servers - General
1748252 Members
3976 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

I don't know where else to start with this ... Issue with HP EO4500 PDU control unit in HP rack

jcdick1
Occasional Contributor

I don't know where else to start with this ... Issue with HP EO4500 PDU control unit in HP rack

I have an HP rack with an EO4500 control unit, connected to four PDUs.  PDUs 1-1 and 1-2 have power.  1-3 and 1-4 do not, and I cannot figure out why.  What documentation I've found indicates that there's only the one 30A whip for the control unit, with the four power cables coming off the control unit to the PDUs.

There doesn't seem to be a forum for HP infrastructure products.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
KSINGH_2018
HPE Pro

Re: I don't know where else to start with this ... Issue with HP EO4500 PDU control unit in HP rack

Greetings,

If only the PDUs 1-3 and 1-4 are non-functional from the PDU Control Unit let's try the following (if not tried yet):

# Let's ensure that we are using the compatible C19 Power Chords for PDUs 1-3 and 1-4

# If all PDUs are same compatible Modular PDUs, kindly try swapping the C19 power chords between functional & non-functional connections

# If the issue still persists and follows the same power connectors on PDU Control Unit then suspecting the faulty ports on the PDU Control Unit we might require to replace it. Kindly log a case using the Serial Number of the PDU Control Unit (if still under warranty) for initiating the replacement. Please do include your Proof-of-Purchase with case

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo